Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reply from Scott Iwasaki

It seems while I was in the process of spewing some venom, I got some of my facts wrong....

Kudos for the reply and correction. I may not agree with him, but Scott Iwasaki does earn some respect.

************************************************************************************
Greetings Mr. Georgetown Fats,
Thank you for your email. It’s nice to know someone is reading, even way out on the East Coast.

I see that you have an issue whether or not Ernie & the Automatics is blues rock.

In my story, I didn’t call the music “blues rock.” It was Billboard Magazine that catagorized and charted the album a blues album. I called it a “blues-based rock album.”

That may be a no-brainer, because the classic-rock sound has a base in the blues.

I hope that clears some things up.
Take care.
Scott IwasakiDeseret News music editor30 E. 100 SouthSalt Lake City, Utah 84110

No comments:

Post a Comment