Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reviews In the Queue

I long ago swore off corporate terrestrial radio. It was an action I took well before the “blues overtook me”, but it was a conscious decision that I do not regret. For you see, between “Al Gore’s internet” and a close circle of musical friends and mentors I still manage to get “hipped” to various artists that either corporate radio can’t either sell or has yet to figure out how to water down and make them sound like every other artist on the air.


Over the last few months thanks for Cousin Mark, Jim Polecat, and Beardo of Bandana Blues I have managed to get my hands on;


Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears - Tell ‘em What Your Name is


Barrence Whitfield - Raw!, Raw!, Rough!


Various Artists - 2008 Deep Blues Festival Soundtrack


And they are just too good not to share. So between my work with The Boston Blues Society and writings and ramblings on The Boston Blues, Brews & BBQ Blog reviews will be posted.

1 comment:

  1. The 2008 Deep Blues Festival sampler can be downloaded for free at www.soundtrax.com

    Type in code

    dNcXfKQ4

    ReplyDelete