Monday, April 12, 2010

R is for Retirement - Rock and Roll Style....

OK.  I have to know....
With the announcement of Aerosmith and the J Geils Band playing Fenway Park this summer as a double bill, and my collective yawn, I am curious to know just who you want in the music to just go away....and retire.
My ONLY ground rule is for the music related choices which proves the artist has gone beyond their expiration date, not with their choices on who to hitch their wagon to in efforts to get their music or talents exposed to the masses.  
Keep the politics out of this one.  If you’re going to rip Sting/Bono/Paul McCartney...I only want to hear about the musical choices...
In spite of my ongoing confusion over those who fawn over Bob Dylan’s every mumbled word, I will personally start the dialog up by offering Steven Tyler/Aerosmith as my choice of bands I just want to go away.  Aerosmith was once a great band.  Then, right around “Permanent Vacation” the band realized their collective 401 Ks were not funded or some shit like that, and then they decided they needed to start working out songs with outside songwriters...
And that’s where it all fell apart for me.....
What I want to know is where other groups fell apart for you, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment