Thursday, December 10, 2009

Open Rant to those within the Boston Blues Scene who just can't get over themselves

I am not a journalist, I am not a professional musician. I am merely a fan of blues who has been given a voice through my work with the BBS and a person who has modest musical skills to keep my own band afloat with the smarts to realize I should keep my day job.


Though I do work for the Boston Blues Society, I only represent the views and opinions of one loud fan/critic on this blog. That loud fan/critic is me.


This rant is not directed towards the majority of musicians here in our humble little Boston Blues community. Keep following your bliss and recording your passion, and I will continue to promote the content I like and just do my best to help you do something I don't have the chops or drive to do. This rant is directed at the vocal and whiney minority who, quite frankly, I'm tired of listening to and about. Get over it, and get over yourselves.


http://thephoenix.com/Boston/Music/94263-Election-controversy-rocks-and-roils-Boston-bluesm/


For those of you not in-the-know, those of us who work for the Boston Blues Society do so out of a love for the music. Like you, none of us are getting rich preaching the Blues. We at the BBS are a volunteer organization. What money we do raise goes to you, not us. Can we get that through your Ivy League educated fucking skulls? We are volunteers. I am sorry you are frustrated because you have always gotten everything your own way, and have had everyone fawn over you. If you're thinking our organization to fawn over you and cave to your every will & desire, why don't you go PAY another outlet for the publicity we provide? Quite frankly there just aint enough Tic-Tacs to continually have to eat your shit sandwich.


When you accuse a King within our small community, and a chief reason why the BBS exists, as well as a person I have an incredible amount of respect for then I feel the need to "drop the gloves".


It is you bunch of assholes who don't want to let the cold hard facts get in the way (face it, you just were not good enough to win) who will drive us volunteers to find other and better things to do with our time. Then where will you be, huh?


By the way, who the fuck from Harvard has 'the blues'? You guys give 'the blues'.....and naturally if you would like to debate the issue I'm not a hard fat man to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment