Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a little bit more

  • I have got to admit, having been to Phoenix before I found it to be a complete soulless city without a drop of any character what-so-ever. When Hooters and a lousy sterile baseball stadium are your best forms of downtown entertainment, it is time to make some drastic changes. Real drastic changes....However now that I am listening to Big Pete Pearson, the “King of the Phoenix Blues” maybe there is something good in Phoenix (www.myspace.com/bigpetepearson). That man is an old-school shouter, a MONSTER! Check out the BBS Web site some time in the future for a full review. Hats off to Vizztone Records for making this disk happen. It never ceases to amaze me how deserving acts can not get a record contract while The Black Keys and The White Stripes get treated like they’re the 2nd coming....
  • The older I get, the more I seem to connect with Dr. Cox from Scrubs.
  • I have recently been called “unhinged” and a “smart ass” from two people I have an awful lot of respect for, and oddly enough I took both remarks as compliments.
  • Still no word from Paul Mark about a Massachusetts show booked either on the way up or down from the White Mountains Blues Fest
  • George Carlin was right. “The House of Blues... They oughtta call it the house of lame, white mf’ers”.
  • I turn 35 in less than 7 days. At 30 I was in Camden Yards getting rained out of a Red Sox vs. O’s game, this year I will be at work. WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment