Today’s offering is a bulletin from the local music scene;
- Andre’ Ruest, former bass player from the band Grooveworks dropped me a line to say he wishes his other band mates nothing but the best and he hopes they had a great show at The Grog (http://www.thegrog.com/) last night. Andre’ recently decided to leave Grooveworks (http://www.grooveworks.com) to spend more time with his family.
- I have to admit, this one even stumped me and I am a self professed baseball junkie. If the lower portion of a stair case is referred to as the ‘Bottom of the Staircase’ then why isn’t the portion of a baseball inning when the away team is up called ‘the Top of the Inning’
- Blind Billy of Blind Billy & The Spectacles (http://www.blindbilly.com) encourages everyone in the area to check out Blind Billy & The Spectacles playing the new Stone Soup in Ipswich, MA. A rare ‘home gig’ for Blind Billy at a new location;
Saturday July 18
Stone Soup ‘All New Ipswich Location’
9 P.M. - 12 A.M.
141 High Street (close to the High School)
No Cover Charge
- News from Jim Chilson from the Ten Foot Polecats www.myspace.com/thetenfootpolecats) who seem to be enjoying themselves at the Deep Blues Festival ( www.myspace.com/deepbluesfestival )
“Anytime you can get T-Model Ford to dance to your set including to a cover his own song ‘Chickenhead Man’.. and Kent Burnside & Kenny Brown get up and move to your version of an RL Burnside's "See What My Buddy Done"...it's a damn good time! -- Deep Blues Festival has been incredible....pics coming soon (hopefully)!”
Me thinks there is a chance there will be QUITE a few pictures which will not be available to share.
- Is it me, or does Michael Jackson’s white female face stage resemble a certain Supreme Court Justice nominee?
- Yours truly has a standing invitation from Kitt Cox at “The Farm” in Essex to check out their Thursday Night Blues & Brews open mic. Kitt has a unique setup in this new upscale watering hole. A weekly featured act comes in and ‘Sings for their supper’ performing an opening set, after that the mic is turned over to anyone looking to perform. I have heard real good things about the open mic, Kitt and The Farm. I am looking forward to checking this one out, potentially this Thursday
- Johnny B of The Coup DeVille band checks in to remind Merrimac Valley Blues Musicians there is a weekly blues jam at The Roma in Bradford, MA. The guys from Coup DeVille split the hosting duties with The Stubbies. Check it out.
- I would like to wish Matthew Stubbs the best mojo possible. It sounds like Matt will be making a major financial buy in the coming week/months. Good luck Stubbie!
- Finally the self promotion machine;
- Georgetown Fats & The Growlers - Half Loaded Trio
- Live! July 25th, 2009 @ The Rockpond in Georgetown
8:00 to 11:30 PM performing an evening of acoustic music
“Georgetown Fats turns 35!, Bring Gifts!”